Burgundy hair is the perfect choice for the woman with darker tresses who wants to add a sexy and sultry shade of red for a sassy new look and feel.
The most important thing is to choose the shade of burgundy hair color that matches your compliment and eye color. Bright and bold reds are best for those with dark eyes and will best suite those while those with fair skin look best in softer, warmer reds. If you need help to choose the best burgundy shade for your skin tone, talk to your stylist.
Following are some tips to help protect your burgundy hair color:
- Only use shampoos, conditioners and other hair products that are specifically designed for color treated hair. Avoid products that contain sulfate and chloride. Bonus points if the product is specifically designed for red hair!
- Don’t over shampoo. To keep your color looking like new, only wash your hair once or twice a week. Use color safe dry shampoo between washings
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat when you go outside.
- Condition your hair before you go swimming or war a swim cap.
- Avoid heat. Let your hair air dry and stay away from curling wands and flat irons and other heat activated styling tools.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to rock those burgundy red locks
Check out our favorite looks for burgundy hair color!
Beautiful Shades of Burgundy Hair Color
- Deep Burgundy Balayage
This fiery shade of burgundy is just stunning. If you want to add a burst of color to your darker locks, try this deep burgundy fade. Ask for cooler undertones and a vibrant deep burgundy fade. And the shaggy tousled bob is the perfect cut to rock this sassy shade.
To style, blow dry your hair and use a large barreled curling iron to make loose waves in alternating directions for a sexy carefree vibe.
- Perfect Plum Beach Waves
This color is the perfect blend of blueish black undertones with a brilliant burst of plum, the sexy beach waves add a ton of texture and dimension to this mermaid-ish hairstyle.
To style, either blow dry and make loose spiral waves, curling your hair only halfway down. or if you have naturally wavy hair, just splash n the sea salt spray, tousle those tresses and show off your sexy beach waves!
Think you have enough spunk to pull of these gorgeous shades of burgundy hair! We do! So what are you waiting for, call your stylist right this second and get ready to embrace a sultry new look!