Winter is drawing near, and it will not be long until holiday inspired cards and party invitations start making their way to your mailbox. Along with these annual holiday cards, you may find yourself invited to at least one winter wedding. Whether this is your first winter wedding or you happened to be a seasoned pro at dressing for formal events, you'll still glean a few tips from the following advice on men's suits.
Men's Suits for a Semi-Formal Wedding
The first step to wearing appropriately for any wedding is to determine whether the event is formal or semi-formal.
A semi-formal wedding invitation is not as difficult as you may think. The tuxedo is obviously rule out, so what men's suits are best?
With this type of affair, there are several options you will have for your wardrobe.
- Men's business suits – Depending on your current wardrobe, you may not need to shop for the upcoming event. Do you own a black, tailored power suit? Most men do. Although you generally pull this out for business meetings or when giving a presentation, a black suit is perfect for a winter wedding.
- Jacket – If you are wondering whether a blazer, tweed jacket, or sports jacket are appropriate for a winter wedding, the general answer is no. Stick to dark colored men's suits. You would not want to show up feeling underdressed. Semi-formal means black tie or tux are not required. Be respectful of the occasion by looking your best.
- Dress shirt – A wedding is generally not the time to try out that brightly colored shirt or a new style trend. Even at semi-formal occasions, you'll feel confident when you stick to a timeless, classic look. A white button cuff dress shirt and a silk tie with pocket square are perfect.
Dressing for the Formal Wedding
A formal wedding is going to require a little more preparation and style. At a formal wedding, everyone is dressed to the nines. With a little help, you can be too. Here are a few of the choices you may have for a formal celebration.
- Tuxedo – The ultimate formal attire for men has to be the tuxedo. This piece of clothing exhibits class and sophistication. Choose a tux in a wool blend for winter weddings; this type of fabric will keep you warm despite the cool weather. Many tuxedos also come with a Teflon coating, to resist stains and keep you looking sharp through the entire event.
- Men's Wedding Suits – Wedding suits are generally different than everyday suits. For winter weddings, it is best to choose suits in darker colors, such as black, dark gray or navy blue. Wool is ideal for the season.
To complete your formal look, add a bow tie or a silk tie, along with a white dress shirt.
A wedding is a time for celebration. Do not feel left out or awkward by selecting the wrong type of men's suits. Stick to classic looks, dark colors, and …Read more