Frantically looking for that perfect Mother’s Day gift that will show Mom how much you love her? Want to make sure you retain your “favorite child” status? Need a Mother’s Day gift that will make up for all the angst you caused as a teenager? Forget flowers and chocolates…think creatively with these top 5 Mother’s day gift ideas!
1. Electronics: Many moms are hoping for the latest electronic gadget for a great Mother’s Day gift! With the prices of IPOD Shuffles under $50, MP3 players are super-hot Mother’s Day gifts this year. GPS units, either for Mom’s car or the personal units for the avid exercise enthusiast, are also highly in demand. Many moms are hoping to find a digital camera in one of the hot new colors in their Mother’s Day gift. Cell phones are another trendy Mother’s Day gift.
An HP Printer Mailbox makes a great Mother’s Day gift for the computer-phobic mom or grandma. The Printer Mailbox allows Grandma to receive e-mails and digital photos without a computer! The Printer Mailbox shares an existing phone line, and several times a day – at Grandma’s chosen schedule – it prints out e-mails and digital photos that friends and family have sent. It’s a wonderful way to keep Grandma in the family e-mail loop!
2. Digital Photo Gifts: It’s almost ridiculously easy now to create beautiful Mother’s Day gifts, customized with photos of her loved ones. Gifts range from bookmarks and coasters for under $10, to personalized photo books complete with individualized text, to blankets and purses. Don’t forget about coffee mugs, playing cards, and aprons!
Another great digital photo Mother’s Day gift is a personalized cookbook. With this option, you add your own recipes and pictures/memories. So if your family can’t live without Aunt Laura’s pineapple casserole, or Cousin Lina’s chocolate cake, you can add the recipe to the book, and include pictures of Aunt Laura and Cousin Lina!
3. Experiential Gifts: These great Mother’s Day gifts provide Mom with a memorable experience as a present. Experiential gifts are one of the fastest-growing segments of the gift industry. An experiential gift can range from dinner at a restaurant, a hot air balloon flight, a visit to a spa, at-home cooking classes, scuba-diving lessons, theater tickets, or rock and roll fantasy camp. Experimental Mother’s Day gifts allow Mom to live her dream activity…just make sure it’s HER dream, not yours!
4. Gift Baskets: You can find a great Mother’s Day gift basket in just about any theme these days. Just think of what Mom considers a luxury item…chocolates, perhaps? Is she more of a coffee or tea lover? Would a garden-themed basket be Mom’s perfect Mother’s Day gift? If you can’t decide, go for one of the luxurious gift basket towers filled with chocolates, fruit, cheese, and other snacks. Or splurge on a Dom Perignon gift basket!
5. Outdoor Furniture: Buy Mom the gift of relaxation for Mother’s Day! Is she ready for new patio furniture? Would she enjoy stretching out in a hammock? Can you picture Mom in an old-fashioned porch swing? Or indulge Mom with an easily-assembled gazebo for a spectacular Mother’s Day gift!
As you can see, there are many great Mother’s Day gift ideas beyond chocolates or flowers! But don’t worry, Mom will love whatever you choose. After all, she loved and wore that macaroni necklace you made when you were six! It’s what moms do best…love us! And any Mother’s Day gift is a great Mother’s Day gift as long as it’s presented with love.