- There won’t be crowds in physical stores for this year’s Black Friday
- Many retailers have made changes and adjustments for this year’s event
- Below are some quotes to get people ready for the shopping season
Black Friday typically marks the beginning of the hectic holiday shopping season, with retailers offering major discounts and offers. However, this year’s Black Friday won’t quite look like the one that most people know. Because of the pandemic, there won’t be shoppers crowding stores to get the best deals.
Instead, many stores have moved online and even lengthened their sale period so people can have more time to shop from the comfort of their own homes and avoid crowds, as per the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
But despite the changes, Black Friday remains to be the unofficial start of the season when shoppers begin buying presents for the people they care about.
Now here are some quotes about shopping to get you ready for the season, courtesy of Goodreads, Brainy Quote and Eco Warrior Princess:
- “The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.” — Erma Bombeck
- “As consumers we have so much power to change the world by just being careful in what we buy.” — Emma Watson
- “Being a traditionalist, I’m a rabid sucker for Christmas. In July, I’m already worried that there are only 146 shopping days left.” — John Waters
- “Buy what you don’t have yet, or what you really want, which can be mixed with what you already own. Buy only because something excites you, not just for the simple act of shopping.” — Karl Lagerfield
- “If I have free time, I want to go to the beach, walk around a shopping mall, go grocery shopping. Live a little bit of life.” — James Wan
- “We were fortunate when the COVID-19 pandemic hit that internet shopping had matured.” — Steven Magee
- “When we go to the store, we bring home more than food—we bring home traces of broader environmental problems. But we can use our shopping carts and dinner plates to help solve some of those problems.” — Frances Beinecke
- “Waste isn’t waste until we waste it.” — Will.I.Am
- “Shopping is a bit of a relaxing hobby for me, which is sometimes troubling for the bank balance.” — Rebecca Hall
- “Realise the political power of your money and spend it with the brands you know are treating their workers and the environment in the best possible way.” — Lily Cole