SEO or Search Engine Optimization is getting the highest rank in every search engine results page. It also means getting more and more links as possible. Nowadays, there are so many possible sites that can help you get what you want. There’s Google and Bing which constantly work on social and search engine results. Twitter SEO can also be used to drive traffic to your website.
One of the most popular social networking sites that can also be used as a tool for optimization is Twitter. Since Twitter is the most popular micro blogging platform and the largest network today, it has the potential to increase your SEO activities. If you write tweets that are focused and current or relevant, then it will surely help you establish your reputation in the internet world and may help you also in building a brand online. On the other hand, ambiguous tweets do not have any SEO houston seo consultant benefits and would only be a waste of time and energy.
Here are some tips that must be considered while tweeting so that it can help you in your Twitter SEO campaign:
- Giving yourself a brand name – your brand name or username must reflect your offered services because this will be mentioned or shown as your network or retweeted posts. Remember, the more retweets you get, the higher the significance.
- Profile / Bio – always put your website link on your profile page. Maximize your bio content and make it relevant to your website. And make sure that the link you display on your Twitter profile must be directed to a relevant page that may help you with your conversation.
- Links – Since Google displays tweets in SERPs, you may put your links on your posts and it will help you in link building activities or in other words, it has a potential of having a wider web presence. You must remember to accompany your links with very effective keywords.
- Hash Tags – organizes tweets and determines the trending information on Twitter. It is a feature that works like a Meta data for your tweets. It uses “#” symbol (for example #web, #internet).
- Mentions – every time you mention users in Twitter you must put a “@” sign before the usernames. It’s just similar to a retweet and the more retweet your account gets the higher its relevance. Hence, make sure whenever you re-tweet, you must include @ symbol before a username.
- Re-tweeting – retweeting relevant posts with the same niche as yours will help you build your band and eventually promote your services.
- Blog Site – You can promote your blog site on Twitter and let your followers retweet the information or link of your blog.
- Building your online brand – a Twitter account is effective when it does not only help you in your SEO but also helps you in building an online brand and in increasing the visibility of your company/brand.
Now that you have taken into consideration the tips above, you get to realize that Twitter SEO is really not that hard to do. But before everything else, you must first determine your Twitter presence. Know the reason why you’re on Twitter; is it because you want to focus on customer support or share information about your products and services, etc? Because once you don’t know your purpose, it’s just like a vehicle without a driver and destination.
Lastly, take note that optimizing your Twitter account is optimizing your search engine visibility as well. That’s why it can be called Twitter SEO. So manage it very well, then you will have a very high chance of creating a bigger network, connecting to lots of people and gaining the maximum exposure you need.