If you’ve got a beauty salon, and are thinking about updating your equipment, or are furnishing a new salon from scratch, you might know exactly what you want and why. If you’re not sure what you might need, here’s what you need to consider.
1. You’ll want to make sure that you have suitable reception furniture for clients who are waiting to be treated. Depending on the location of your salon, many people may pass by, and you won’t want to give the wrong impression by having worn out tatty sofas, and chairs that don’t match.
2. You’ll want to make sure that you have the right sort of chairs for your clients and your staff. You might want hairdressing chairs, adjustable chairs or chairs that will be durable enough to withstand life in a busy salon.
3. Your stools will need to be the right height, and suitable for your beauticians to be able to work on your clients.
4. The trolleys you use will need to be big enough to hold all the equipment that your staff will need to use. They’ll also need to be easy to push around and sturdy too.
5. You might need specialised electrical items in order to provide certain beauty treatments. Do you need new equipment in order to give your clients the beauty treatments they want?
6. The couches and massage tables you need will depend on the beauty services you offer. Perhaps you’ll need couches that have adjustable backs, or tables that can be raised or lowered to make it easier for your staff and clients.
7. If you offer nail treatments, then you’ll want to make sure that your nail tables are the right height, and are comfortable to work at. Remember that you might need additional light or storage, so that you can keep all your nail polishes together in one place.
8. It’s important to have the right sort of styling units if you’re also offering hairdressing. Will you want to go for stylish modern equipment to attract a younger clientele, or will you go for traditional styles in order to keep your existing clients?
9. If you also cut hair, then you’ll need wash areas for your hairdressers. Perhaps you’ll want these to be away from the main styling areas, so that you can focus on more clients at once.
10. It’s imperative that you have enough storage areas for your products, equipment and gowns. If you’re offering a fantastic services at a great price, you don’t want your beauty salon to look unorganised and untidy as it will put potential clients off.
Now you know what sort of things you’ll need, have you got all the beauty salon equipment you need?